The 24/7 Illinois Perinatal HIV Hotline is a resource for perinatal care providers caring for pregnant women living with HIV and their newborns. It provides immediate medical and social service consultation and links women and their newborns to care during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
The Hotline is available statewide in Illinois – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – and is funded with support from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The Hotline is a key component of the statewide safety net for perinatal HIV prevention in Illinois.
In collaboration with other MACA programs, this hotline helps identify and link pregnant women living with HIV to care who might otherwise fall through the cracks in the health care system. Providers can call 1-800-439-4079 anytime day or night to link patients to the care and services they need.
Hotline services include:
- Real-time medical consultation
- Linkage of women living with HIV and their infants specialty care
- Social service consultation or perinatal enhanced case managers
- Post-test counseling and support for positive rapid HIV tests at triage and delivery
- Reports required by law for preliminary positive rapid HIV tests at triage and delivery
If you would like more information about the Hotline, please contact us.