Prenatal classes offered with a unique focus on HIV in pregnancy. Proven to help support pregnant women better prepare for a healthy delivery and newborn care.
Classes are open to the community by referral to ensure confidentiality.
Generally delivered in three sessions of up to four hours each. Partners and close family members are welcome so all can learn together about HIV, pregnancy, and parenthood.
Conducted throughout the year as needed with class sizes ranging from three to ten moms plus families and support staff.
To register or learn more, call 312-334-0971 or email email@example.com.
- HIV treatment and management with particular emphasis on pregnancy
- Special issues at labor and delivery
- Nutrition during pregnancy and while taking HIV medication
- Administering medication to infants and general newborn care
- HIV preventive care, family planning and sexually-transmitted infections (STIs)
- Safety of HIV drug exposure on infants, research trials, and more
- All class locations meet accessibility and confidentiality requirements (including non-HIV specific entrance signage)
- A meal is provided for all participants at each session
- Transportation to/from the class sites can be provided or subsidized
- Moms who attend all sessions in the series receive a diaper bag stocked with personal and baby care items plus a brand-new infant car seat to take baby home from the hospital safely
“I was surprised to see so many people going through the same things as me. You never know how many women are dealing with this. It’s a comfortable setting and you know you’re not being judged.”
-Victoria, PACPI Case Managed Mom and Prenatal Class Participant (pseudonym)
These classes are a success thanks to the many supporters who have sponsored transportation and meal subsidies, provided free/low-cost classrooms and funding for all-new personal/baby care items, especially expensive car seats for newborns.
To directly support our prenatal class needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, some of our donors pledge car seats and supplies for three to five women per year. We could not succeed without the continuing and generous support of people and partners like you.